Mike Cope - COPETOONS.COM - Canadian Cartoonist and Humorous Illustrator
About Cartoonist Mike CopeContact Cartoonist Mike CopeSample My Selected Cartooning PortfolioRead the latest news from my cartoon studio

Wednesday, April 04, 2012

"ATM Banking Machines" Gag Cartoon in Reader's Digest Canada Magazine (April 2012)

ATM Banking Machines - Gag Cartoon by Mike Cope, Reader's Digest Canada Magazine - April 2012

Reader's Digest Canada Magazine - April 2012 Cover

Above is my most recent gag cartoon to be published by Reader's Digest Canada Magazine. You can find it in the As Kids See It humour department of the April 2012 issue -- both in print AND digitally via the cool iPad app! Special thanks to the wonderful RD Canada editors.

Of course, I have to extend an even specialer thanks (yes, special-er!) to my 4-year-old daughter for helping to inspire the cartoon's idea. You see, she enjoys going to the bank with me, as I usually let her help me make deposits by pressing a few of the ATM buttons. In fact, she's getting pretty good at remembering which buttons to press and when.

That said, I'm thankful that I've never let her enter my bank card's security PIN, because not only can this preschooler recognize her numbers now, she's also a bit of a chatter box.

And so, during one of our recent bank visits, I realized it's time to start distracting her when it's time to press 5-6-0-2 ...

ATM Banking Machines - Gag Cartoon by Mike Cope, Reader's Digest Canada Magazine - April 2012
Above is part of the cartoon's original rough pencil sketch of a daddy and his little girl.

Stay TOONed!

- Mike Cope

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete