Mike Cope - COPETOONS.COM - Canadian Cartoonist and Humorous Illustrator
About Cartoonist Mike CopeContact Cartoonist Mike CopeSample My Selected Cartooning PortfolioRead the latest news from my cartoon studio

Friday, February 29, 2008

"Happy Leap Year!" - YouTube Flash Animation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0leDUwTD74w

This is the fun result of an animation test that I prepared for a client project using Adobe Flash Professional CS3. My initial goal was to find a visual style that had a mixture of a paper cut-out and pop-up storybook feel.

The little boy character was designed using Flash's basic drawing tools while the background style was inspired by some old NFB Canada animated shorts. The denim, stars, and paper textures were applied as bitmap fills. The shadow effect is a top secret trick ... for now! (I'm sure that other Flash animators will be able to figure it out!)

After finishing the jump sequence, I thought I'd turn it into an animated greeting celebrating February 29 ... This is my first time posting on YouTube, so I hope you enjoy it!

Stay TOONed!

- Mike Cope

No comments:

Post a Comment