Mike Cope - COPETOONS.COM - Canadian Cartoonist and Humorous Illustrator
About Cartoonist Mike CopeContact Cartoonist Mike CopeSample My Selected Cartooning PortfolioRead the latest news from my cartoon studio

Thursday, August 09, 2007

"Kid Brother" Gag Cartoon in NEW Chicken Soup for the Soul Book

Chicken Soup for the Soul Celebrating Brothers & Sisters
Funnies and Favorites About Growing Up and Being Grown Up.

I'm happy to announce that one of my gag cartoons is published in the new Chicken Soup for the Soul Celebrating Brothers & Sisters book. My complimentary copy recently arrived and I've been thoroughly enjoying it from cover-to-cover. The credited authors include: Jack Canfield, Mark Victor Hansen, Dahlynn McKowen, and Ken McKowen.

This is my first cartoon to appear in a Chicken Soup for the Soul book. Personally, I find it a little ironic because I grew up with two sisters who really enjoy the series, so this seems like a fitting inaugural title to be published in. My cartoon can be found on Page 180 (Chapter 6: Through Our Eyes) . . .

Chicken Soup for the Soul Celebrating Brothers & Sisters
"Kid Brother" in Chicken Soup for the Soul Celebrating Brothers & Sisters (2007)

You can click the above image to see the full cartoon ... Better yet, you can purchase your own copy of the book at many popular booksellers, including:

Canadian Flag CADAmerican Flag US

I'd like to finish by extending a special tip-of-the-pen to fellow cartoonist, Dee Adams, creator of the popular Minnie Pauz.

A while back, Dee kindly announced on a cartoonist discussion board we frequent that the Chicken Soup folks were looking for cartoons for this book. I just happened to check-in at the right place and time ... and had a few cartoons ready for submission. Thanks again , Dee!

Stay TOONed!

- Mike Cope

2 comments:

  1. Hey thanks, Mike! I'm glad you saw my post in time to submit. :) I wish someone had done the same for me when they published CS for the Menopausal Soul....would have been a natural for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by, Dee! I'm sure they've received enough "hot" stories for a second book ... Your work would be perfect for it :)

    ReplyDelete